[Asterisk-Users] Zapata?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Jun 6 18:07:19 MST 2004

On Sunday 06 June 2004 15:38, Remco Barende wrote:
> Whatever happened to the Zapatatelephony project?
>
> The last information there is from 2001 and a lot of new cards have
> been released since.
>
> Has GNU hardware development completely stopped?

I think that given the number of businesses who are now competing
with Digium with the board designs that they originally did and
released under GPL, you won't find any more board designs released.

While ZapataTelephony != Digium, Mark Spencer was the board
designer behind Tormenta2.  Digium is the primary sponsor of
Asterisk, and as such, the community needs to support them and
any other businesses which contribute code and/or hardware (and
I mean new designs) to the project.

--
Tilghman