[Asterisk-Users] Configuring cisco 7940

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jun 5 15:48:43 MST 2004

Hermann Wecke wrote:

> Search the list. Look for "sip 7960 firmware".
> http://google.com/
> sip 7960 firmware site:lists.digium.com

That's no help.. read all of them.  The best I can find out is the $8
price on the wiki is bogus and should be removed as it's misleading.

The cheapest smartnet is CON-SNT-PKG1 at $75 per year.  That's almost
ten times what I expected I'd be paying.

> About the configuration:
> http://www.wheely-bin.co.uk/cisco/
>
> It is not quite a "configuration howto" but you can grabe some information
> about how to configure your Cisco 7940.

I got it working, sort of.  Out of the box it's just a basic phone
(doesn't even support caller ID) but I guess it looks cool sitting on
the desk :)

Tony