[Asterisk-Users] Configuring cisco 7940

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jun 5 13:55:39 MST 2004

Storer, Darren wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/37fe4

Unfortunately those instructions don't seem to relate to
my phone (eg. there's no option 6 on the 'Settings' menu).

I've found some other documents which seem to help but am unable to
change any of the settings even in the unlocked state - it all seems to
be hardcoded.

I eventually gave up and installed an extra tftp server so I could get
an XMLDefault file onto it.  Now for some reason it's trying to query
the router for something (which isn't going to get very far as it's just
a Netgear gateway).  I'll try a few packet traces to see if I can fake
the responses... presumably as shipped they assume you're running cisco
routers etc.

Tony