[Asterisk-Users] Problem with T1 PRI line resetting/droppingcalls.

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Jun 5 05:53:36 MST 2004

On Saturday 05 June 2004 02:38, Bruce Komito wrote:
> I'm the one who posted the original question, and yes, I *am* experiencing
> dropped calls.  I haven't yet been able to correlate the dropped calls
> with anything, and that is why I asked the question about the PRI warnings
> and notices.  Also, our volume of calls is very light...maybe 3-4
> calls/hour.  But, the dropped calls are very frequent and
> predictable...predictable in the sense that if you plan to talk for more
> than 5 minutes, there is a high likelyhood your call will be dropped.

Seems fairly easy to recreate then; can you get q.931 logs from Asterisk to
try and help us out?  That'll let us know if one side or the other is
dropping them on purpose, and if you can so easily recreate the problem it
might be possible to beg/borrow/steal a proper T1 test set (your telco should
offer this in the first place) to make sure you're not experiencing anything
unusual on the physical link.

Regards,
Andrew