[Asterisk-Users] DSP Coding

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Sun Jun 6 02:35:05 MST 2004

> Ouch.  The 64-port Ai-Logix board goes for (!!!!!) $3559 USD.  Who is
> _paying_ for this stuff?!?

Quite a lot of people. I know of at least 1 brand of voice logger that
use these boards for real-time compression. It was pretty much necessary
considering that some of those loggers were built on 486,586 back-planes.

<snip>

> Never heard about using the GPU to do anything useful.  Sounds
> interesting.  Got links?

Take a look at  brookgpu,
http://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/brookgpu/index.html. It's a
compiler for Brook (C with streams) for nvidia,ati GPUs. According to
one of the PPT on the site, it's possible to get 2-3x speed up over the CPU.

<snip>

-Leo