[Asterisk-Users] Silly incoming SIP failure

Manuel Steudtner manuel at intrail.de
Fri Jun 4 09:08:21 MST 2004

Dear Julian,

Quoting Julian Pawlowski <lists at jp-solution.net>:

> Hello folks,
>
> i upgraded to the actual CVS head from yesterday (27.5.) but can not get
> incoming SIP calls from my provider (sipgate). If someone calls my
> number, my asterisk responds with the following error:
>
> May 27 21:30:21 NOTICE[1114606512]: chan_sip.c:6351 handle_request:
> Failed to authenticate user "<CallerID>"
> <sip:<CallerID>@217.10.66.11>;tag=as38e9693c

using asterisks cvs source checked out on June 3. I experienced the same
problem. I was able to reastablish incoming sip connections from sipgate.de by
entering the ip address from the error message as the host parameter in my
outgoing profile.

> I have the following entry in sip.conf:
>
> ------------------
> register => 1838933:8mtbdz at sipgate.de/1838933
>
> [sipgate.de]
> type=user
> context=sip-in
> nat=1
> disallow=all
> allow=gsm
> allow=alaw
> allow=ulaw
> ------------------

Having used "host=sipgate.de" I changed it to "host=217.116.127.245" making
incoming calls working again. I would be interested if "host=217.10.66.11"
would be a workound in your case.

> Although outgoing calls (with another entry of type peer) work well.
>
> Additionally the commendation not to assign real hostnames as section
> name does not work. the section can not be found by the
> register-function... :-(
>
> Can somebody help me out?
>

> Regards
>
> Julian Pawlowski

Best regards,
Manuel

--
Manuel Steudtner                                     fon  +49 30  81851870
mailto:manuel at intrail.de                             cell +49 179 5270475