[Asterisk-Users] TE410P Q.931

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Fri Jun 4 08:34:33 MST 2004

Hi Simon-

Just to speed things along, have you see the earlier post regarding Marconi
by Darren Storer on this topic?

Here it is:

"Are you sure that NTL have provided you with a true Q.931 EuroISDN PRI
circuit? If the circuit was supplied some time ago for use with existing
equipment it may not be fully EuroISDN compliant. When connecting to Telcos
that use Marconi (GPT) System X switches you must make sure that the circuit
is using ISDN 110 and not ISDN 85. ISDN 85 is an older implementation of
Q.931 in the UK and it does not work with Asterisk E100P or TE410P in my
experience. When checking with NTL ask if your circuit is ISDN 110 or Q.931e
or ETSI; these are the three names that are commonly used by UK carriers for
full spec. EuroISDN PRI. "

Regards
Scott Stingel  (who has also had this problem in the UK)

Scott M. Stingel
President,
Emerging Voice Technology, Inc.
Palo Alto California & London England