[Asterisk-Users] Mystery PRI NOTICEs & WARNINGs

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Fri Jun 4 07:54:46 MST 2004

I'm pretty sure the Error 500 can be ignored.  If memory serves, I think it
is related to a transmitter "underrun" error on the T100P framer chip.  This
would occur if the processor doesn't quite keep up with the transmit data
stream on the T1 - ie: is load related.

These occur on all of my systems- I've found that they are generally, but
not always, acommpanied by frame transmission retries (errors appear in
/var/log/asterisk/messages)

I think error 500's can safely be ignored, unless they occur in large
quantities, in which case I've found them to be definitely related to
dropped calls.

Not sure about the event 8's, perhaps they are load related too.

Cheers
Scott

Scott M. Stingel
President,