[Asterisk-Users] max asterisk load

Anton Tinchev atl at unixsol.org
Thu Jun 3 19:37:39 MST 2004

shabanip wrote:

> I have a big case:
>  - 5 x TE410P/TE405P quad T1 (try to not sharing IRQs on them)
>  - 20 x TA750 CB (60 FXO and 420 FXS)
>  - echo cancellation will be used if required.
>  - up to 200 registered sip phone
>  - using ulaw as default codec for all connections
>  - voicemail, ACD, IVR and MOH will be used
>  - conference will be rarely used.
>
> whats your recommended pc? a quad xeon or even a quad opteron with xxGB
> of memory? is it enough for this big job?
Of course, don't use FXO. T/E1 is better.
Use single CPU Machine.
Quad Xeon costs 20 times than a P4/3Ghz/800Mhz FSB Machines. And it is
only 2 to 2.5 times fatser.
P4SCi from Supermicro is a good MB.
Try to avoid using of IP (SIP) phones - aastra 390/480 with digium card
outperforms anything.
How much of these 420FXS will be active in the same moment - this is
critical to designing the system.
420FXS = 18 Channel banks. Spread the system to 6 machines:
Each machine - 3 channel banks + 1 T1/E1 for Incoming in Each machine.
1 Machine for SIP incoming and 1 for all additional stuff - Voicemail ...

And give some more information - how much ACD queues will be, how much
of the FXS phones will be connected to the each queue ...