[Asterisk-Users] max asterisk load

shabanip shabanip at avapajoohesh.com
Thu Jun 3 08:53:05 MST 2004

I have a big case:
 - 5 x TE410P/TE405P quad T1 (try to not sharing IRQs on them)
 - 20 x TA750 CB (60 FXO and 420 FXS)
 - echo cancellation will be used if required.
 - up to 200 registered sip phone
 - using ulaw as default codec for all connections
 - voicemail, ACD, IVR and MOH will be used
 - conference will be rarely used.

whats your recommended pc? a quad xeon or even a quad opteron with xxGB
of memory? is it enough for this big job?

shabanip

> .G,
>
> Come on now, give us more.
>
> How many concurrent calls?  What's your idea of a modern PC? Processor
> Speed, HardDrive space, etc?  How many voicemail users?  Nat'd SIP
> clients? What's your lan setup?  Codec Translation?  Voice
Compression,
> Echo Cancellation..?
>
> Before you get information, you have to give information.  People
aren't
> going to pull your teeth to help you.
>
> The information required should pop out of your head into the e-mail.
> Personally, I'd reccommend reading up on PBX's before making posts
like
> this.  Not trying to start a flame, but come on, let's be serious
here.

> - Brent
>
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-1] Gustavo Garc�a Bernardo wrote:
>

> > We would like to use asterisk as a SIP phone PBX with voicemail
support
> > only. The hardware could be a typical modern PC.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > .G

SIP