[Asterisk-Users] BroadVoice usage?

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Jun 3 01:04:26 MST 2004

I have Broadvoice working on three lines.  Had the same problems you
have in the beginning.

Trouble-shoot one thing at a time...
Incoming: Do you have a context for incoming calls set up?  It belongs
in your [general] section.  Once there, do you have a pattern or
extension matching your phone number?  If Asterisk can't match the
extension for an incoming call, the call is rejected and BV tells you
it's busy.

Outgoing: Use host=sip.broadvoice.com.  Don't use proxy.  If your
asterisk sits behind a NAT firewall, it wouldn't hurt to add "nat=yes"
to your [broadvoice] section.