[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer with Budgetone

Aaron J. Angel aaron at angel-family.com
Wed Jun 2 17:06:06 MST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Stephen R. Besch wrote:
> >
> > Not as far as I know, at least not exactly the way you have
> outlined it.
> > Try this:
> >
> >      1. call comes to you
> >     2. You hold the call and call other person.
> >      3. You say "Someone wants to talk to you, OK, thanks"
> >     3a. Other person then hangs up.
> >     3b. You flash back to the original caller
> >     3c. You tell them that you are transferring the call
> >     3d. You transfer the call using the transfer feature on
> the phone
> >      4. You hangup and first person is transferred to other  person?
> >
> Ugh.  So Asterisk doesn't handle transfer?
>
> Every company phone system I've ever used has not required
> 3a-3d.  It looks like a real hack to do so.

It's called consultative transfer, as opposed to blind transfer.  There are
quite a few commercial softphones that claim to support it, but I'm not sure
if any hardphones support it.  It can be done through the Asterisk manager
interface, too; WAMi can do it for sure.  I'm sure of other manager apps
that can also.