[Asterisk-Users] Fax Recognizion without Answer? How to Supress this?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Jun 2 10:03:58 MST 2004

Either put the channel that your fax machine is on in a context without
exten => fax  or remove the exten => fax from the context the fax
machine is in.  The exten => fax is ONLY needed if you want to share an
inbound line between fax and voice.

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 11:01, ePyron Felix Deierlein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have really googled and read the wiki but I still no idea, how to supress
> the fax recognizion.
>
> Our users are not able to fax and that is bad... Could you give me an hint,
> please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Felix
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > we have a PRI (E1) to a carrier and a second one to a legacy PBX:
> >
> > DTAG ---pri---- * ------ Hicmo
> > (PSTN)          |
> >                Sip
> >                and
> >                more
> >
> > Many normal inbound calls are direcly routed to the hicom.
> > Outbound calls from the Hicom go through LCR and then to PSTN.
> >
> > Inbound faxes are working, but outbound faxes from hicom to
> > pstn are recognized as faxes and * tries to forward the call
> > to "fax". I do not answer this calls...
> >

> >   == Spawn extension (Amt595xxx-In, 595164, 1) exited
> > non-zero on 'Zap/14-1'
> >     -- Hungup 'Zap/14-1'
> >     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/62-1'
> >     -- Accepting overlap call from '595457' to '034491****'
> > on channel 31, span 2
> >     -- Executing SetVar("Zap/62-1", "Out=Zap/g1/") in new stack
> >     -- Executing Goto("Zap/62-1",
> > "OutDial-LCR|BYEXTENSION|1") in new stack
> >     -- Goto (OutDial-LCR,034491***,1)
> >     -- Executing SetVar("Zap/62-1", "LCR=01081") in new stack
> >     -- Executing Goto("Zap/62-1",
> > "OutDial-Dial|BYEXTENSION|1") in new stack
> >     -- Goto (OutDial-Dial,034491****,1)
> >     -- Executing Dial("Zap/62-1",
> > "Zap/g1/0108103****|30|TrH") in new stack
> >     -- Called g1/010810344918***
> >     -- Redirecting Zap/62-1 to fax extension
> >     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
> >   == Spawn extension (OutDial-Dial, fax, 0) exited non-zero
> > on 'Zap/62-1'
> >     -- Executing Dial("Zap/62-1", "Zap/g1/01081fax|30|TrH")
> > in new stack
> >     -- Called g1/01081fax
> >     -- Channel 2, span 1 got hangup
> >     -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'
> >
> > What have I to change? Could I supress that?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Felix Deierlein

          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows
upgrades can NOT be deducted as a gambling loss."