[Asterisk-Users] Splicing audio clips into one stream

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jun 2 08:11:34 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 09:22, Michael Welter wrote:
> Is there a Linux tool that will splice several gsm sound clips together
> into one clip?
>
> In my agi script, I would like to use 'get_data' with one clip instead
> of multiple 'stream_file' so the user doesn't have to listen to the
> entire spiel before responding.

Think for a bit more about how AGI works. basically you will want to
stream n number of audio clips, but if any one of them gets interupted,
you want to pause and listen for the input from user. Not a problem.
Once you detect input other than prompt complete, you keep
listening(wait for digit) till you have enough data to do something.

If splicing clips together was what was needed, you would see a built in
tool to do such a thing.