[Asterisk-Users] DNS SRV records

Duane duane at e164.org
Wed Jun 2 06:25:43 MST 2004

Andrew Thompson wrote:

> Does anyone know if any of these options are acceptable substitutes for an
> SRV record, or do I need to put in a ticket to have a SRV record
> specifically created for me?

As with email you technically don't need MX records, an A record will
also work fine. I'm pretty sure (long day can't be bothered checking)
Asterisk won't even do SRV lookups by default as it's commented out in
the default config... In other words you'd be better off with an A record...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the
stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."