[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream ringtone maker (was Re: Grandstream v1.0.4.68 firmware)

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Jun 2 06:04:47 MST 2004

Stig Hess wrote:

>>Now if I could only get my GS phones to load the ring tone files. The
>>TFTP log shows all the requests for the usual boot files and the cfg
>>files but NO requests for the ring tones, not even file not found
>
> it
>
>>on at least three different phones, purchased in 2 different lots and
>>still no luck.  Maybe the phones just don't like me.
>

> I have exactly the same problem. Could there be different hardware
> versions?
>
> Stig

Can't say I haven't wondered that myself. Given that there are no serial
numbers visible on the phones, I suspect that one could use the MAC
address as a serial number, since these are probably allocated
sequentially. Only the last 6 digits should change. My first phone
(bought as an evaluator) has last 6 digits of 002175. The second
shipment has numbers in the range of 002935 and up. It would be
interesting to know if the MAC's from the phones that work are
significantly higher than these.

Stephen R. Besch