[Asterisk-Users] Feedback needed! FindMe/FollowMe Feature Spec.

Tue Jun 1 17:50:26 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 06:14, Brian D'Arcy wrote:
> Hello all,
> Have a .conf file (findme.conf?) which contains multiple contexts, each
> context's name should match the naming convention used with sip, or
> iax.conf.  For example, if I have [bdarcy] as one of my sip peer
> entries, in findme.conf I would have, [bdarcy] also listed as an entry.
> Values within each entry would be labeled something like,
>
> [bdarcy]
> ExternalNum1: 91235551212
> ExternalNum2: 91235551213
> etc...

Good idea, I encourage you to go ahead and do this!

However, please don't use a seperate .conf file. Either use the dbodbc
interface (if there is one) or at least use the astdb interface.

If someone 'forgot' their mobile, but is going to be sitting at their
friends house for the day, they 'should' be able to call into the asterisk
pbx, enter some dialplan ext/password stuff, and remove/turn off the mobile
followme step, and add in the local phone.

Should also be able to set a priority for each followme number, so they
are tried in order of your preference.

To store in the db something like:
/followme/6600_1	: 90402xxxxxx
/followme/6600_2	: 6654
/followme/6600_3	: 98424xxxx

This would represent the following attempts to connect the call:
First, try me on my mobile, based on the phone number,
(starts with a 9) it should grab a line in zap/g2 and call 0402xxxxxx

If that fails, then try me on a local extension (starts with 6) 6654

If that also fails, then try me on a landline (starts with 9) so grab
a line from zap/g2 and call 8424xxxx

I don't know if it is possible to 'use/abuse' the dialplan in this way,
where you can sort of follow the dialplan for a 'while' and then after
the dial command fall-back to the app and allow it to continue.

The other option if that isn't possible is to specify the channel details
in the astdb like this:
/followme/6600_1	: Zap/g2/0402xxxxxx
/followme/6600_2	: Zap/124
/followme/6600_3	: Zap/g2/8424xxxx

Actually, on second thoughts, couldn't we just use the Local channel
driver like this:

Using the first db above, we need to call 90402xxxxxx so we call:
Dial(Local/90402xxxxxx)
which should follow the dialplan to make the call, and if it fails
come back to us....

Perhaps comments on the above from other people would help.

I think trying to manage a conf file for a few hundred people would be
almost as bad as trying to put this stuff into the extensions.conf

Although, extensions.conf sounds like it will be accessible from a DB
shortly, so this might in fact be your better option anyway....

Just my 0.01c worth...

Regards,
Adam