[Asterisk-Users] Feedback needed! FindMe/FollowMe Feature Spec.

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue Jun 1 14:09:15 MST 2004

Brian D'Arcy wrote:

>I'd like to get some feedback from everyone on a FindMe/FollowMe spec
>I've put together.  Before you read on, let me say, I don't want this to
>turn into a "it would be cool if it did this.., or that etc..".  I'm
>writing this to serve a very simple and basic function, and I want it to
>do  exceedingly well at just that for starters.

Hi Brian,

I've been looking for something like this and I think your efforts might
overlap those of the work-in-progress Privacy option for app_dial.  See
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000752

It would seem that if you were to instead add one more flag to the Dial
app, that places calls in sequence rather than all at once, you would
have everything you need.

Perhaps it might even be better to work with Steve Murphy and turn his
app_dial patch into a stand-alone app_followme?

I just see an overlap here and you probably don't want to reinvent the
wheel :)

Regards,
Trevor Peirce