[Asterisk-Users] GnoPhone

Stuart Grimshaw stuart.asterisk at smgsystems.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 13:25:22 MST 2004

Hi Guys,

I've got Asterisk almst set up. It can receive incoming calls, route them
to voicemail and log into fwd.

I'm currently trying to find a soft phone that will work properly of my
Gentoo based laptop. So far I've tried kphone, which could dial internal
extensions (I spent ages just laughing at the monkeys :-), but I found it
to be unstable, and would crash when trying to initiate a call (seemingly
at random)

I'm trying to set up GnoPhone, and I can't get it to connect to asterisk.

iax.conf contains these lines:

[iaxdouglas]
type=friend
secret=xxxxx
host=dynamic
context=sip
mailbox=1000
callerid="Stuart Grimshaw"
permit=10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0

This setup was taken from the "Getting GnoPhone Working" section of
voip-info

extensions.conf has

;gnophone on douglas
exten => 2,1,Dial(IAX/iaxdouglas,20,tr)

iax2 show peers gives:

iaxdouglas       (Unspecified)   (D)  255.255.255.255  0
Unmonitored

I get nothing in the asterisk console, even with iax2 debug turned on.

Any ideas any one?

--

-S