[Asterisk-Users] VoIP Termination w/ 402 or 712 area code?

Tony Kava asterisk at pottcounty.com
Tue Jun 1 11:32:27 MST 2004

On 18 May 2004, I wrote:

> I realize this is a shot in the dark, but I'm trying to find
> a VoIP provider that offers 402 or 712 area code DID numbers.
> I'm almost completely convinced that no one offers these area
> codes (eastern Nebraska, western Iowa), however considering
> the wide audience of this mailing list I thought this would
> be a good place to ask.
>
> I would prefer a provider that allows for Asterisk use, but
> I realize beggars can't be choosers.

I apologize for replying to my own post, but since no one else did, I wanted
to say that packet8.net does offer service for the 402 area code.  As far as
I can tell they require use of their own hardware (which rules out Asterisk
unless you patch their FXS port to your FXO port).  I don't think I'll be
ordering any service at this time, however, after reading some mixed reviews
on dslreports.com.

The point is that, yes, there is a VoIP provider for 402.

--
Tony Kava
Senior Network Administrator