[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Receptionist manager program.

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Jun 1 10:45:03 MST 2004

Hello,

astguiclient guy here, there WAS a problem with manager interface timeouts
but it has been fixed and patched. The reason we stayed with a queue system
is that the sheer number of clients we had accessing the manager interface
overwhelmed the Asterisk box and resulted in tons of wasted data going back
to the client. That's why we centralized everything in the astguiclient
suite. Our gui app can work directly with the manager interface as well, but
on a system with 80 people using our gui software, the centralized queue
system proved a much more efficient and less processor intensive way to send
manager commands.

We currently have one client installation that sends over 100,000 manager
commands per day to 3 different asterisk servers all on the same manager
queue system, so it seems to be working fairly well. If anyone out there is
successfully issuing over 40,000 manager commands daily to a single Asterisk
server successfully I would like to hear about your experiences.

Thanks,

MATT---