[Asterisk-Users] Difference between native and 3rd party h323 channel driver ?

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Tue Jun 1 10:26:15 MST 2004

Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile h323 channel driver on cvs Asterisk 1.0 but no success
> (I get a lot of errors - related to pwlib library).
>
> I read in docs that there is also 3rd party h323 channel driver (somehow
> both even share protion of code?).

Asterisk-oh323 was the first H.323 channel driver for Asterisk.
The included one is a fork of it, which followed a different approach
in the internal design and implementation.
Currently, both are following totally independent roadmaps.

> I wonder what are pros and cons of both drivers ? Should I try to compile
> native driver ?

Some features of asterisk-oh323 (OH323 driver):

- Jitter buffer (static or dynamic, with configurable limits).
- Configurable number of voice frames per RTP packet.
- Inbound call rate limiter (experimental, needs more testing).
- Configurable limits for inbound, outbound, simultaneous calls
   at any given time.
- RTCP report generation and handling.

Normally, you try both of them and keep the one that makes you happy.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Robert.

Michael.