[Asterisk-Users] Some (lack of) answers regarding the wakeup call application...

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Jun 1 09:11:53 MST 2004

Rob Fugina [robf at geekthing.com] wrote:
> So the Perl code creates call files in
> a wakeup queue directory, and a cron job (a shell script) runs every
> minute looking for wakeup calls in the queue that need to be handled,
> and moves them to the outgoing call queue.

You may want to consider using "at" instead of "cron" for the scheduling
and cancelling of alarm call requests.  It'll be less ugly than checking
for new alarm call jobs every minute etc.  I'm not saying it'll be
pretty - just less ugly. :-)

I'd be interested in seeing your code, and perhaps I can help.  I was
going to write an alarm call application anyway.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz