[Asterisk-Users] ISDN in Venezuela

amg at intercable.com.ve amg at intercable.com.ve
Tue Jun 1 07:27:43 MST 2004

Hi Tim,

The ISDN isn´t  in widespread use here in Venezuela, we use full or partial
E1´s, and that´s the price, $ 1100 plus a three year contract, yet some
digital PBX use ISDN channel to comunicate between them.
How many voice channels you will need?.
Take advice about the signaling, here it´s R2.
The best choice, E1/CPA with 30 digital voice channels along with it´s
numbering provisioning some providers are selling partial services as low
as 5 voice channels over E1.

Andres Mendez
Barquisimeto, Edo Lara
Venezuela
Phone +58 (251) 256-5218

                      Robinson Tim-W10277
                      <Tim.Robinson at motorola.com        To:       "'asterisk-users at lists.digium.com'"
                      >                                  <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      asterisk-users-admin at lists        Subject:  [Asterisk-Users] ISDN in Venezuela
                      .digium.com

                      01/06/2004 09:41 a.m.
                      Please respond to
                      asterisk-users

Dear all -

I am looking for some information about ISDN in Venezuela.  I need a small
Asterisk system with 2 ISDN channels at our offices in Venezuela (Caracas).

Can anyone advise me on the best option?  I am getting mixed reports - I am
told that a BRI will cost me 1000 US dollars per month!  An E1
significantly less, but the person there is not very familiar with
telecoms.

Can anyone familiar with the local telcos in Caracas advise?

Many thanks

Tim
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: