[Asterisk-Users] VOIP CBQ BandLimit HELP!!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jun 1 06:21:52 MST 2004

> My tests with all shapers on adsl so far give me too much jitter to use
> without jitter buffer as soon as i do an upload.

I always use a jitter buffer with IAX2.  (that's all I use, no SIP)

--------8<-------- iax.conf --------8<--------
pingtime=1
lagrqtime=1

jitterbuffer=yes
;dropcount=3
maxjitterbuffer=350
maxexcessbuffer=100

I don't think the pingtime/lagrqtime parameters are needed anymore, I was just
goofing around with them when I was playing with this.

I have found with the SDSL modems we're using that you need to back off to
about 75% of the modem's capacity in order to prevent the modem from
bufferring.  I should have just used HDSL endpoints (4 wire, powered) --
those buggers don't buffer anything.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew