[Asterisk-Users] Hyperthreading?

Terry Goodwin TGoodwin at packagingcorp.com
Tue Jun 1 05:55:03 MST 2004

I am just about to load asterisk onto a Compaq (now HP) ML350 with 2
Xeon processors (HT enabled),  2 gig ram,  5    76Gig SCSI hard drives
with hardware RAID 5.  System is running Fedora Core 1 2.4.x kernel .
Ill let you know how it goes.

BTW,  it seems the OS thinks there are 4 processors installed.  Even
core 2 (2.6.5 kernel) when briefly installed (because it sucks) reported
4 CPU's.

Terry

>>> chris at logics.co.uk 6/1/2004 3:35:07 AM >>>

Are they any issues still with hyperthreading processors, I've read and
been
told by a few people to make sure its disabled in bios if I want to use
* on
a hyperthreading machine.

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond