[Asterisk-Users] Hyperthreading?

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Tue Jun 1 05:37:55 MST 2004

I'm running asterisk on a 2.8Ghz w/HT and 2.4.25 kernel.  I wasn't aware
that I needed to disable HT, but all seems to be running ok for now.  The
2.4.x kernel seems to be completely ignorant of hyper threading, which IMO,
is quite frustrating.  HTT has been around for years now, and 2.4 kernels
still can't use it.

I've been trying, unsucessfully, to get a 2.6 kernel built and running, but
it doesn't like my ethernet card.  The eepro100 and e100 drivers both (at
separate times) load fine, detect the nic, but the nic can't function.
FWIW, the hardware reported in dmesg/lspci is 82562EZ.  It works fine with
linux 2.4, and FreeBSD 4.8 and 5.x.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks