[Asterisk-Users] Has anyone tried using a Sipura-3000 as an FXO device for *?

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sat Jul 31 17:43:56 MST 2004

Rich Adamson [radamson at routers.com] wrote:
> Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > You can apparently use the SPA-3000 dialplan to specify that the
> > call should go via its FXO port, without going via Asterisk.  This
> > could be useful for emergency services.  I don't have a SPA-3000 yet,
> > so I can't say what happens if you try to route an emergency call via
> > the FXO port and that port is in use.  Perhaps it sends the call to
> > Asterisk instead.  I'll find out when I get mine and play with it.
> >
> Yes, the dialplan for the fxs line can look like:
>  (*xx|[34569]11<:@gw0>|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx<:@gw0>|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
> where 911 is sent to gw0 (the fxo port),
> calls to Nxxxxxx (local calls) go to gw0,
> and 1+ calls (long distance) go to a voip box (* in my case)

As I said, I don't have one of these yet.  Do you happen to know what
the box would do if the dialplan said to route the call to <:@gw0>
and that port was already in use?

If the call simply fails then that's a wasted facility, and I wouldn't
use it;  If Asterisk was in charge then it could loop the call back to
the FXO or sent it via another route.  I suspect that the SPA would
try the <:gw0> first and then fall back to the SIP link, either
automatically or as an option, before giving up.

> Rather sophisticated little box. :)

So it would seem.  I can't wait to get my hands on one in September.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz