[Asterisk-Users] Softphone - Freeware?!

Nicolas nicolas at house.com.ar
Sat Jul 31 13:13:31 MST 2004

Eric Bart wrote:

>Thanks
>
>I don't understand why sipura can do consultative transfer
>and why grandstream can't. They're both SIP, aren't they ?

They use different sip stacks... and yes, they are both sip. Try to mix
in the same environment sipuras, grandstreams, snoms, uniden, saysons,
cisco, asterisk, etc. and you will notice that SIP is not the same thing
for every vendor. Sipura sip stack is rock solid and very compatible
with other vendors. Grandstreams sip implementation is flacky, you will
have a crashed phone every now and then. Some versions of snom firmaware
work better with asterisk than others. SIP devices have a life on their
own..:)

Nicolas