[Asterisk-Users] one extention, multiple phones

Sean McKay srd at powertrip.net
Sat Jul 31 06:36:38 MST 2004

Is it possible to get a few 7960's and asterisk to allow all
of the 7960 phones to use one extentsion and can only be used
by one person at a time, have it indicate on the other 7960's
when one of the others has the line engaged. Basicly so like
I can setup a rule when an incoming call comes from IAX to
divert to this extension, it will ring the extension (thus all
phones), and allow me to place a call on hold on one phone
and pick it up on another and the original phone would
acknowledge that the call has been picked up and disengage.
Can I do this without call parking?

 Basicly the same model as having a bunch of phones on a pstn
line with each phone having a hold button. The goal here is
to allow me to pick up a call on any of the 7960's anywhere
in my house and be able to move from room to room as needed
by placing the call on hold and picking it up on one of the
other phones in the house.

\ / - ASCII Ribbon Campaign  . Sean McKay - srd at dal.net
 X  - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  . Team Lead, bahamut web team
/ \ - NO Word docs in e-mail . ircd-qa team member