[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc hardware & sound trouble

Tobias Jönsson asterisk at tobiasjonsson.se
Sat Jul 31 01:25:17 MST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 nni at gmx.net wrote:

> ###########zapata.conf
> context=default
> context=alex
> pridialplan=unknown
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> immediate=yes

Why do you define echocancel and context twice?

> a) when i try to make an inbound call to <msn> I get the following message
> on the cli prompt
>
>     -- Going to extension s|1 because of immediate=yes
>     -- Extension 's' in context 'alex' from '17109904' does not exist.
> Rejecting call on channel 2, span 1

You should not use immediate=yes for a TE interface since that instructs
asterisk to go to s extension (which is useful for NT interfaces but not
for TE ones).

I have set pridialplan=local and have the msn in exten => msn,... set
including the area code. To only match calls from my cellular phone I use
exten => msn/cellphonenumber,... That works fine for me.

If it still does not work, turn on some debugging and try to catch what is
happening when a call comes.

> b) the combination of my configuration with zaphfc and the acer pci isdn
> card seems to cause some other trouble

> Kernel: 2.4.21-0.13mdk
> Jul 29 23:46:49 faar kernel: sync lost, pci performance too low!!!.

I had that problem running RedHat Linux 9.0 with kernel 2.4.20-31.9. It
was probably occured by a buggy driver for the IDE controller integrated
on my mainboard, that made the hard disk access interrupts taking too much
time from the pci bus. The problem disappeared after upgrading kernel to
2.4.26.

> d) as long as the line works, I have clearly audible clicks/cracks in
> the line (zaphfc) that didn't occur using capi and the avm fritz! pci
> 2.0 - I don't have any sound problems on iax via voiptel.org or
> internally using sip

This problem I still have. This is what I have found out:

First turn with echocancel=no in zapata.conf. The echo cancelling does not
work any good at all if some audio data is missing. That reintroduces echo
while talking to analog phones, of course, but could help finding the
source of your problem.

Then check that your zaptel timing is all right. Try running zttest (in
the zaptel directory) and watch the output. I still have problems with
this one running zaphfc-0.1.0-RC2k on my new Intel Pentium 4 2,4 GHz
system but timing is excellent on my old AMD K6-233 MHz system...

Regards from Sweden,
Tobias Jönsson