[Asterisk-Users] debian install zaptel

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Fri Jul 30 17:47:50 MST 2004

But that won't give you a distributable modules package.

For compiling zaptel modules on Debian the zaptel-source package needs to be
pulled, /usr/src/zaptel.tgz to be unpackaged and compiled against the source or
headers of your kernel (make-kpkg --revision a.b.c-z modules-image).

You can just pull any module. It needs to fit to your kernel.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen

--
...One thing is that, unlike any other Western democracy that I know of,
this country has operated since its beginnings with a basic distrust of
government.  We are constituted not for efficient operation of government,
but for minimizing the possibility of abuse of power.  It took the events
of the Roosevelt era -- a catastrophic economic collapse and a world war --
to introduce the strong central government that we now know.  But in most
parts of the country today, the reluctance to have government is still
strong.  I think, barring a series of catastrophic events, that we can
look to at least another decade during which many of the big problems
around this country will have to be addressed by institutions other than
federal government.
- Bobby R. Inman, Admiral, USN, Retired, former director of Naval Intelligence,
  vice director of the DIA, former director of the NSA, deputy directory of
  Central Intelligence, former chairman and CEO of MCC.
[the statist opinions expressed herein are not those of the cookie editor -ed.]