[Asterisk-Users] RAID affecting X100P performance...

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 30 16:55:14 MST 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 19:51, Mike Benoit wrote:
> Tuning these [PCI latencies] should allow you to give your TDM cards
> long burst lengths, and make your IDE devices very premptable...

I would have figured you want very short burst lengths to prevent any one
device from hogging the PCI bus and delaying your VOIP data. IIRC the VOIP
traffic is very short anyway (1000 interrupts a second, 8 bit PCM data or 64
bytes of actual VOIP data (sampled at 8000Hz, that's 8 8 bit samples every
interrupt) each way...  I think.

Regards,
Andrew