[Asterisk-Users] RAID affecting X100P performance...

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Jul 30 15:26:21 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 12:14, Mike Benoit wrote:
> I have a P3-800 with two IDE drives in a software RAID1 configuration.
> Each drive is on a separate IDE channel. Now anytime there is HD
> activity, I hear "beeps" and "cutting out" on a call using the X100P
> card.

Wow, i'm seeing exactly the same behaviour!

AthlonXP/1800, MSI NForce1 mobo, Wildcard TDM400P, soft RAID1 on /boot,
soft RAID5 on everything else, Asterisk-1.0-RC1, Linux Fedora 2 fully
updated.

I'll explore the idea offered by someone else in this thread and shuffle
the cards around, trying to put the Wildcard in another PCI bus.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/