[Asterisk-Users] Transfer call help needed

Michael Little mlittle at iqep.com
Fri Jul 30 13:05:19 MST 2004

I have * installed as a voicemail only solution attached to a Toshiba
Strata phone system.  I am testing * at the current time, so it is not
attached to ports designated as VM on the Toshiba.  I am not sure if the
VM ports would handle the call any different than an analog port.

Currently if I call one of the DIDs that I have connected to the *, my
greeting plays and I am able to dial my extension.  The problem with my
current setup is I use two ports for every call that comes in.  One port
is used for the inbound call and one port is used for calling the
extension.  I have looked over the 'Transfer' command, but I am unsure
of the syntax.

All my phone lines come in to the Toshiba on pots lines.  I have one
tdm04b installed in my * system.  Once I can accomplish my goal, I will
order an additional tdm04b.

Here is a breakdown of how I want a call to be handled:

1. Person calls company
2. The Toshiba hands the call to * via automated attendant
3. The caller is asked to enter the extension of the person he/she is
trying to reach.
4. The call is transferred to the extension.  If there is no answer at
the extension entered, the call is sent to the voicemail for the
extension.

If I use the 'Transfer' command, will the caller be put in to voicemail
if there is no answer?  Also, does the 'Transfer' command use only one
port or does it require two ports?