[Asterisk-Users] New to IP-PBX

Steve Totaro asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Jul 30 12:26:22 MST 2004

you need www.voip-info.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duraid Abbas" <duraid at icogo.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 2:39 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] New to IP-PBX

Hi,

I'd really appreciate it if you can explain this to me.

I have a D/41JCT-LS Dialogic board and I want to use it as an IP-PBX.
I'm new to IP Telephony and telephony and general and I researched a lot
but still confused about what I really need.

I know that I can setup an IP-Telephony for my LAN using a SIP server
and SIP compatible software phones. But the challenge is how can I
connect to the PSTN so that I can send and receive calls?

I came through a lot of terms like VoIP gateway and stuff like that but
still don't know what I really need. Can you help?

Thanks in advance

Duraid
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: