[Asterisk-Users] audio delay over time on Zap to SIP

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Jul 30 07:44:26 MST 2004

Hello,

We have one production server that is identically configured to another
production server except for the fact that they each use a different type of
digium quad T1 card(one has T400P and one has TE405P).

The server with the 405 has been developing delay problems with Sipura
SPA-2000 phone adapters after a call has gone on for 15-30 minutes (up to 1
second audio delay). I asked Sipura and they say their adapters have a
non-configurable jitter buffer of upto 1 second and that the Sipura is not
the cause of the problem.

The server with the 400 has identical hardware/network card/Slackware
9.1/Asterisk CVS 2004-07-28/on the same network and has no delay problems
with Sipura adapters whatsoever.

I have completely wiped the 405 server twice and replaced the network card
and the delay always comes back. I am hoping it isn't the 405 card, but
that's the only thing that's different from one server to the other.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

MATT---