[Asterisk-Users] Softphone - Freeware?!

Brian McSpadden mcspadden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 06:45:15 MST 2004

We have found X-Lite to be one of the better softphones for Windows.
It doesn't support SIP transfers, but it will do the # transfer from
within *. Just hit pound during a call and you'll hear Allison say
"Transfer", punch in the number you'd like to transfer to and away you
go.

You do need to have this enabled in the dialplan dial strings to
enable transfers. See the Wiki for some help with this.
http://www.voip-info.org