[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel doesn't see remote hangup ? euro-isdn

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jul 30 01:55:54 MST 2004

Walter Klomp <walter at aglow.com.sg> wrote:
[...]
> However, if I dial-in from the SIP phone to my PSTN and then hang up
> my PSTN phone, the call does not get disconnected.

This is normal and expected behaviour, at least for POTS lines I've
used. When you receive a call on a POTS line, you can't clear it by
just hanging up.

On a POTS line from BT, you can force-clear an inbound call by hitting
recall/hookflash then hanging up at the dialtone. The phone will ring
for a few moments and then clear the call.