[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk GUIs at Astricon * REMINDER *

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Jul 30 01:03:07 MST 2004

> Please remember that anything that is given here as "usable solution"
> should not only be usable but also useful. Whereas Destar is not. It
> just does not do anything. It has a totally blank vanilla interface to
> it.

Please stop submitting plain wrong information to 8000 users or so. I
can't see what kind of reputation you can gain from this.

No, the web interface is not blank.

Yes, DeStar *DOES* anything. It presents a web interface for configurable
items (SIP phones, IAX phones, BRI telco lines, Asterisk options) where
you can fil in your values. When you press the SAVE, this get's stored.
When you select "Write config" on the right side, it will write out a
bunch of /etc/asterisk/*.conf files.

Yes, it might be that DeStar does not solve your needs.

Yes, you did not contact me in any way saying what you were missing.

No, I would not use DeStar in a real-life szenario yet, it's still too
unfinished. I use it for testing things out.

No, it is not yet for end-users.

No, It can't configure anything under the sun, e.g. no T1/E1 stuff. It's
easy to add this, but no one did so far and I don't have the hardware.

Yes, it evolves when I and/or others invest more time into it.

Yes, it follows the release-early-and-often scheme. Hey, even Microsoft
releases unfinished software :-)   At least my web page says that it's
still in development, e.g. the comment in parenthesis on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+GUI or the second
sentence on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+GUI+DeStar.

http://www.holgerschurig.de/destar.html