[Asterisk-Users] broadvoice/asterisk incoming calls problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jul 29 20:46:45 MST 2004

> register => 5035551212:supersecretpassword at sip.broadvoice.com:5060
>
> [broadvoice-out]
> type=peer
> dtmfmode=inband
> host=147.135.0.129
> user=5035551212 (not sure if this is necessary, I like to be thorough)
> username=5035551212
> authuser=5035551212 (not sure if these 2 are necessary but again, thorough)
> fromuser=5035551212
> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
> context=shawhome
> md5secret=supersecretpassword
> qualify=yes
> canreinvite=no
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
>
> [broadvoice-out2]
> type=peer
> dtmfmode=inband
> host=147.135.8.129
> user=5035551212
> username=5035551212
> authuser=5035551212
> fromuser=5035551212
> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
> context=shawhome
> md5secret=supersecretpassword
> qualify=yes
> canreinvite=no
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
>
> [broadvoice-incoming]
> type=peer
> dtmfmode=inband
> host=147.135.8.128
> context=incoming
> qualify=yes
> canreinvite=no
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
>
> [broadvoice-incoming2]
> type=peer
> dtmfmode=inband
> host=147.135.0.128
> context=incoming
> qualify=yes
> canreinvite=no
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
>

> The reason I did 2 contexts for incoming/outgoing is to overcome the DNS
> problem for peers until it gets resolved...
>
> Also in my extensions.conf I use failover in case one of the
> [broadvoice-out] peers is down...
>
> exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@broadvoice-out,60)
> exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@broadvoice-out2,60)
> exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,3,Congestion()
>
> Mind you I'm not saying that I'm right, I've only been using asterisk for
> about 4  months now, but THIS WORKS FOR ME(tm)

Now I'm getting very confused. Unless I'm missing something, the
type=peer is for outgoing calls. The [broadvoice-incoming] context
shouldn't work (in theory) as those "should" be type=user.

Either there is a bug in the code, or your incoming broadvoice calls
aren't actually using those two contexts, or I'm all wet. :)

The other thing that I'm confused with is that broadvoice has four
IP's associated the their voip system; .0.128, .0.129, .8.128, and
.8.129 and looking back at my cdr records, at least one incoming call
came from a 129 address.

If your incomng call context is actually correct, then you should
be missing those calls that originate from a 129 address.

Would you do a sip debug of an incoming call and see which context
it actually uses?

Rich