[Asterisk-Users] X-Lite to Asterisk through NAT?

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Jul 29 19:30:57 MST 2004

Hi Ted.

I managed to get it to work today.  These are steps I took.

On my firewall I port forwarded 5060, 10000-11000 UDP to the internal
Asterisk box.

In the sip.conf file I made these changes:
nat=yes
externip = public.ip.address

On the X-lite phone I pointed the SIP Proxy to the public.ip.address that
was set above in the sip.conf file.

Good Luck.

Geoff