[Asterisk-Users] WARNING message - ALSA

creslin at digium.com creslin at digium.com
Thu Jul 29 14:50:26 MST 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 03:16:19PM -0300, Jozeph Brasil wrote:
>          I receive a warning message every time I start my Asterisk.
>          Rate not correct, requested 8000, got 7999
>          I see in the source and FOUND where is gerating this warning
> message.
>       if (rate != DESIRED_RATE) {
>               ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Rate not correct, requested %d, got
> %d\n", DESIRED_RATE, rate);
>       }
>          Anyone know HOW TO FIX this problem?

Buy a new soundcard :-) .  Lol, seriously though, it looks like your card
won't generate a 8000hz rate.  7999 is as close as it gets.  If you're not
using chan_alsa.so, don't worry about it.  Otherwise, not a lot that you
can do.  Try updating your sound driver :-)

P.S. When you're starting a new message thread, don't hit reply on an
existing message.  Send a new one, it breaks threading if you don't.

Matthew Fredrickson