[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel doesn't see remote hangup ? euro-isdn

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Jul 29 09:17:01 MST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Walter Klomp wrote:

> However, if I dial-in from the SIP phone to my PSTN and then hang up my PSTN
> phone, the call does not get disconnected. My SIP phone goes quiet but
> doesn't disconnect. If I a few seconds later pick up the PSTN phone again,
> the connection is still there. Only if I hangup the SIP phone, the call gets
> destroyed. It seems that Zap doesn't see the remote hangup...

Normally a hangup at the b-subscriber (the receiving end) does not tear
down the call immediatly, at least not for analog lines from the incumbent
operator here in Sweden. I think it is something like 10-30s until the
call is released in that case. Did you call an analog phone and how long
did you leave it on hook?

> Am I missing something ?  How do I debug the Zap channels ?

You need to set up debugging in the corresponding conf file for Asterisk.
Debugging of the PRI signalling is then set up with
  pri debug span ???
or
  pri intense debug span ???

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv at psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF