[Asterisk-Users] SIP and RTP / 302 after 18x / Call forwarding after announce

michael koehler koehler at nikotel.com
Thu Jul 29 05:29:44 MST 2004

Experts asked now:

Is there a way to make this call scenario possible:

After an INVITE was received at the asterisk an announcement should be
played, then, the
caller should be forwarded to another loc. REFER should not be used in
any way!

I thought about something like this:

Client			Asterisk
INVITE 		>
			<	183 Session Progress
			<	RTP Stream
		[ .. some time .. ]
			< 	302 Moved .. Contact: otheruser at otherserver.tld
ACK			>

But i could not figure out how to make a answer/playback happen without
the final (200 ok) response to the INVITE dialog. I thought about
patching
the chan_sip, but this would take me away from the branch!?

Please only answer if:

- you know a solution (none sip REFER!)
- you may have just an idea (working or not - not important :) )

Sincerely ,

Michael