[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP Soundpoint 600 & early dial

Tor Setane tor.setane at ella.no
Thu Jul 29 05:26:25 MST 2004

Mike Roberts wrote:

 >Is anyone successfully using this phone with *?  I have one, and it is an excellent phone.  However, I cannot figure
 >out how to make the phone "early dial" -- that is, automatically dial the number without the user having to press the
 >send button.  Any ideas?

 >Thanks,
 >Mike Roberts

If you access the phone with a web browser, you can add a digitmap in "Sip Conf" - "Local Settings"

If you have four digit internal numbers, 0 for operator, 9 for outside line: 0[1-8]xxx|9,T etc.
The comma just gives you a new dialtone, and the T waits for the timeout you choose as "Digitmap Timeout" on the same
page. This is just an example, you would probably be better off building a more complete digitmap.

Regards,
Tor