[Asterisk-Users] SIP Outbound Proxy Support

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jul 29 01:57:13 MST 2004

In the latest release of chan_sip2 I've added support for SIP Outbound Proxy.
I've seen a lot of requests for that lately, so if you can test this and confirm wheather
it works for you or not, I'll be grateful. If I get positive reports, we'll try to add
this to chan_sip in CVS.

It works like this:

* Configure outboundproxy in the general section of sip.conf
	outboundproxy = <hostname or IP>
	outboundproxyport = <port #> (defaults to 5060)

All SIP communication are now sent to the proxy IP

If you configure localnet= networks, these are excluded, so only outbound traffic goes to
the outbound proxy.

If this works, we might try to add support for peer-specific outbound proxies to
be able to handle FWD and other providers with NAT traversal support through outbound
proxies.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000759

Enjoy!
/Olle