[Asterisk-Users] call waiting, * and FXO

mike jennings mike.jennings at charter.net
Wed Jul 28 20:38:41 MST 2004

I have been told that the combination of call waiting, * and FXO does and
will not work because "Asterisk is a PBX".  I guess I'd like to hear if this
is a hard and fast "no this will not work and here's why", or that this
currently doesn't work but with some coding might work.

I'd like to have the option to be able to continue using call waiting with
an FXO line (and I know I'm not alone).  I know if I switched to a SIP based
connection instead of the FXO this would work, but I currently like my
unlimited plan with Vonage.

Would anyone like to enlighten me?

I have done numerous searches and I've included a few postings that were
mostly not answered.

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-May/046855.html

http://www.vovida.org/pipermail/mgcp/2001-May/000571.html

Thanks