[Asterisk-Users] SipTone 4 Sale...

Joshua Colp joshnet at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Jul 28 15:40:23 MST 2004

Hey Folks,

I'm selling my SipTone on eBay... starting at $100, 17 hours left. It's been
modified (the firmware) so that you are able to telnet into it and possibly
(thanks to cross compiling) run your own software on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5711945656&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Just so this post doesn't seem all to be about selling it I'll describe what
info I've found out about the SipTones. The SipTone uses an ARM based CPU
with integrated VoIP properties. The various devices (lcd, hook, microphone,
etc) all appear in /dev and can probably be messed with. SIP Functions are
controlled via a proprietary software named sipster. It uses an http daemon
named boa and custom written scripts. Modifying the firmware is quite as the
SipTone has no CRC Check when you upload/write a new version. If anybody
wants more information, please feel free to give a shout out to me.

- Joshua Colp.