[Asterisk-Users] Zap hanging up others zap.

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Wed Jul 28 09:14:51 MST 2004

On July 28, 2004 08:13 pm, Andres Tello Abrego wrote:
> I have Asterisk CVS-HEAD-05/25/04-17:13:22, Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Digium.
>
> Usign exclusively digium hardware.
> 3 TDM400P cards.
> 1 4xFXO
> 1 4xFXS
> 1 1xFX0 & 3xFXS
>
> When * is attending FXO calls, bridged to FXS calls, natively ofcourse,
> at a random time, the call hangus up.
>
> Also, for example, if a call is done, and an other extension hangup,
> there are some probability that the other extension hangup, kill my call..

We were having similar problems with tdm400p + 4FXO (& SIP phones).  I _think_
the problem was a result of crosstalk between the phone lines.

There was a rat's nest of phone wires, as well as several line splitters (to
analog phones).  Occationally, someone would complain that they could hear
someone else's phone conversation.  Random hangups were reported at least
once a day.

After shortening excessively long phone lines, reducing the number of
splitters, and just tidying things up a bit, these problems went away.

Ryan

--
Ryan Courtnage
Director & CTO